Direct Support Professional (DSP)
DSPs serve as mentors in establishing and maintaining healthy relationships, dealing with disappointment, and working through difficult situations with individuals that have developmental disabilities. To be a member of this team, individuals must be humble, honest, and put their team members before themselves. Skills can be taught. Excellent character is something you must bring with you.
- 18+ years old.
- Proof of education (High school diploma/GED minimum).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid auto insurance.
- Social Security card.
- Must own reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work at least one weekend shift per week and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to pass DMH-Mandated background screening.
- Verifiable references from previous employers (we do call them).
Preference given to candidates with availability across multiple shifts.
Full-time and Part-time positions available. $10/hour to start after training with the opportunity for increases after successful completion of introductory period and required/optional certifications.
SEVEN GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Provide Ordinary Lives for Extraordinary People.
- Be Humble.
- Serve everyone you meet.
- Abide by the “No Gossip” culture at BSL.
- Be a Professional.
- Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.
- Be a Team Player.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- On-board new team members in a welcoming, efficient, and inviting manner.
- Keep required staff trainings, delegations and acknowledgements current and properly filed.
- Ensure office and ISLs are stocked with needed office supplies and functioning technology/equipment.
- On-board Direct Support Professionals. Send immediately to Moresource upon hire.
- Organize employee trainings and publish class options available.
- Gather required training paperwork on new employees before releasing them to work in ISLs.
- Set up employee 90-day reviews, upon hire.
- Set up other employee reviews, as needed.
- Add employee anniversary dates and birthdates to calendar.
- Maintain employee files.
- Develop and maintain official BSL forms.
- Develop and maintain database for the following governmental entities. Share with CEO.
- SB 40 Execs by county
- SB 40 Support Coordinators by county
- DMH Central Office Staff
- RO Administrators
- RO Placement Coordinators
- RO Support Coordinators
- Public Administrators by county
- CD Case Workers by county
- Great Circle Case Workers by county
- Missouri Alliance Case Workers by county
- High School Special Ed Department Heads and teachers by county
- Maintain CEO’s calendar.
- Register CEO for conferences, trainings, events, etc.
- Ensure office and ISLs are stocked with needed supplies and functioning technology/equipment.
- Assist people that come into the office, even if they are not looking for BSL.
- Keep office neat, clean and de-cluttered.
- Pick up mail and distribute daily.
- Lead and coordinate projects and special events like company picnics, holiday parties, etc.
- To ensure that Boone Supported Living’s philosophy, mission and vision are practiced throughout the organization…Lead By Example.
- Ensure EVERY team member receives regular words of encouragement.
- Ask everyone in management how you can help support them.
- Facilitate communication between management, team members, and BSL stakeholders.
- Help fill gaps when identified.
- Maintain Facebook pages and respond to postings on Staff and Management pages.
- Add/Remove staff
- Wish staff happy birthday.
- Announce/celebrate employment anniversaries.
- Send words of encouragement.
- Set up and maintain BSL computers, printers, notebooks, and other office equipment.
- Set up/delete company email accounts
- Learn and be able to train on Therap system.
- Maintain office phone system.
- Set up and maintain company cell phones.
- Update digital signage in main office.
- Develop digital signage for use in booths.
- Assist management in developing power points for training needs.
- Assist CEO in everything technological.
- Prepare leases for BSL and non-BSL tenants, gather signatures and file.
- Collect deposits and rent from non-BSL tenants monthly.
- Prepare monthly report of outstanding accounts payable from non-BSL tenants
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of properties
- Obtain estimates, when necessary, and assign Work Orders to contractors.
- Coordinate carpet cleaning, landscaping, yard work, etc.
- Order parts and supplies as necessary
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs on company vehicles
- Drive each vehicle monthly to get cleaned, restock 1st Aid kits and mileage logs.
- Ensure oil changes and regular maintenance occur.
- Ensure current insurance cards are in vehicles.
- Get vehicles licensed/re-licensed, as needed.
- Set up/maintain GPS tracking systems in all company vehicles.
- Take minutes and collect sign-in sheets at BSL Team meetings, as needed.
- Take minutes and collect sign-in sheets at Management meetings, as needed.
- Take minutes and collect sign-in sheets at Executive Management meetings, as needed.
- Take minutes and collect sign-in sheets at other meetings, as needed.